Benjamin - Live from japan!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

HOLY JACKPOT BATMAN!!!

Last night I go back to Kichijoji, where my brother teaches english. He was going to be done at 7 pm, it was like 5 pm and I needed to kill some time. Walked around and there was still like an hour to go, I went to an arcade again. lol. Seem to be doing alot of that. This one was called "capcom plaza." I raced some school girls at mariokart, tried to win some jack skellington stuff in a few dreamcatchers for my girlfriend sally, then headed to the "medal games" section. Said "what the heck" and got like 10 bucks in coins... which equalled 80 tokens or medals.

Scoped out all the different games then found a mario one, said to myself, if jordan were here he'd play the mario one. So I did.

These medal games are like those ones at fairs and "dave and busters" where you try and drop coins in the way of two shelves moving back and forth in an attempt to knock a landslide of coins down the chute. They always just seem to poke out further than pay off. Addictive. Totally addictive.

Played and played... won some, lost some...got down to near nothing, then I started winning again, and winning some more... and started to get on a real roll. It was highly interactive aswell. There was this ball thing that would happen if coins landed in a particular hole, and there was a screen in the middle of the machine where you essentially play a sort of mario party game... so i initiated this ball game once or twice with no luck. There are 2 blue, 2 green and one red, if you get the red "SJP" ball than really good stuff happens. So then one time it gets the red ball and then a second mario versus bowser game occurs, and another ball is launched in another location, and the top teir of the entire machine spins and has coin denomination holes boasting different characters, peach is 100 coins, luigi is 200 bowser is no coins at all... but mario is just labelled "SJP"

so it lands in the SJP slot... and my machine goes ape-shit. Everyone is looking over at me. It turns out I did the best thing you can ever possibly do in coin games and specifically this mario one. All these people were staring at this lone white guy on a coin machine going ape-shit. 1126 coins ending out coming out of this sucker. again 10 bucks would get you 80 coins for reference.

So i end up filling 3 buckets with coins and I gotta meet my brother soon...

I turn to the inquisitive couple to my right and give them a bucket and say "merry christmas!", turn to the couple to the left of me and say "merry christmas!" and gave my last bucket to the first kid I saw and said... you guessed it... "merry christmas" waved goodbye and left with a beaming smile on my face. The reaction I got from those people made my heart grow 2 sizes for sure.

here are the two pics I took of the affair. Including the machine running out of coins and the guy coming to fix it so that it can give me more. lol. the second shows off the ball in the mario "SJP" slot.


5 Comments:

  • I love that story! It's even better the second time.

    You're a great person, that was so nice of you to give the tokens away.

    Love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

  • Benjiee what a story! way to be shooting the shit there in japan!

    pretty exclusivey im going to say that i love that pic .. keep em coming.

    me and you .. eye to eye. wouldnt have it any other way.

    secret admirers, they're really not my thing.

    enjoy japaaan

    xo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • dude... awesome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

  • 'Jamin - Remember that time Mardi won the Pachinko jackpot and was taken down a dark alley for her black market prize winnings... good times.

    Of course you won the jackpot! How could YOU not??? I'm so glad it was Gordon inspired. Or maybe that's why it happened...? Ha.

    Good work giving the buckets away. You make me proud.

    BTW - looking after the bongos for you. Made Mama practice for over an hour yesterday. Even had Fred playing.

    By Blogger AIR-IN, at 9:08 AM  

  • You're right, I would play it. I would play anything Mario. Nice story, I liked it, warmed my heart.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home